Today's big story: Ava decided that she didn't hate the swing anymore!
We tried it a couple of weeks ago out of desperation one fussy night, and we discovered than when she's really pissed off, she turns into what we call "Hulk Baby", and since we don't like her when she's angry we gave the swing a rest. We tried it again today on a whim.
Oh, and here's ten minutes later...
She's pondering Very Important Things right there.
Rob and I have achieved a kind of rhythm as far as Ava's eating and sleeping go. It's not so much of a schedule (yet--we hear good things about schedules and hope to achieve one at some later date). We do zone coverage at night as opposed to man-to-man. The first zone is 8:00 PM until about 1:30. Whoever got the best sleep the previous night covers this zone, allowing the other to crash immediately after dinner and get a good 5 solid hours of sleep. At 1:30ish, we switch. It seems to be working.
That's really all that's happening right now. The stuff that excites us doesn't seem very exciting when I write it out. It's hard to put into words the dozen small victories that we claim every day (She's a side sleeper! Put her on her side and she'll stay asleep! Hooray!), and the camera never quite captures how she makes a hundred faces as she's falling asleep and makes little squeaks and chirps all the while. I don't know (and I don't particularly care...) if all other newborns do this exact same thing and we just have tunnel vision about how fabulous and interesting she is. There will come a time when I will re-enter the world (March 23 when I go back to work, to be precise) and I'll become aware of how other things are going on. For now, she's the best show in town.
3 comments:
so sweet. those swings can become your (and her) very best friend on a bad day/night. glad she finally likes it. keep the pixs coming, a real one for my frame would be great!!! love you guys
Hey! You will love that swing, believe me! Thanks for keeping us all up to date. Can't wait to finally meet Ava...she is just precious. It sounds like you two are doing an awesome job!
hey, I just noticed that Miss Ava really likes to have her fist next to her face, it's in several pictures. What's up with that? Think she's wondering what took you two so long to bring her into the world?? Puzzled that she wasn't invited sooner???
Post a Comment