Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Insert Clever Title Here

Seriously, I can't think of anything interesting to call this post. Here are some pictures.


Hey look her eyes are open! She's in her bouncy chair, where she loves to be when she's awake and happy (don't try to put her there when she's not already happy...). And yes, I know the year is wrong on the camera. I'll fix it. Someday.

We're plugging along. Did some Official Business today, and now Miss Ava has insurance coverage and has some daycare set up for March. Errands are a bit easier now that I have a better idea of how to deploy. It's best to leave after her last bottle of the morning when she's about to start her afternoon naps. Everything else goes in the car before she does. She falls asleep by the time we're out of the driveway, and generally stays asleep until she is taken out of the car. Awesome. She sleeps through music, conversation, and even the mild road rage that I can't quite get over (it's better than it was--no gestures, less profanity).

She's been a little congested this week--evidently this is pretty normal for infants. We're on a Saline Drops and Blue Sucky Thing regimen, with a side of Cool Mist Humidifier for good measure. Yesterday was rough; she was pretty snorty and unhappy about it (no bouncy chair for most of the day...). Today is much better. I fear that she may have inherited my faulty sinuses, and that will certainly be no picnic for any of us. Ugh.

I've gotten a lot of email about the whole Breastfeeding Thing. One of my friends sent me a link to a great blog that really hit home. There's so much emphasis on how breastfeeding is the ideal and formula is a distant second choice at best. I think the lactation hippie meant well and really did give me a lot of help, and I'm going back to her for a follow-up on Friday. She emphasized (read: pushed) nursing over pumping, and now that I know what to expect I think I'll be able to better steer the discussion toward "Feeding The Baby" rather than "Nursing = Superior Bonding". She means well, but there just aren't enough hours in my day to implement all of her methods. Hell, I can't even find a minute to change the date on my goddamn camera and she suggests a three-step process for Every. Single. Feeding? RIGHT? Whatever. I will pick up another bottle of voodoo supplements--I can't dispute the fact that they have helped out with the milk supply.

And so that, hopefully, is the end of the What Do We Feed Her saga.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Hey there, (Kate from E) Matthew's tongue-tie was cut ("corrected" whatever) at two months. The doc wouldn't do it any earlier. Mark's is also apparent and I thought since we did Matthew's we'd have to do Mark's... new doc says "oh no, that's not necessary" Great. just great. Do I get a mother of the year award for snipping one son's tongue perhaps unnecessarily and not doing the other?! Bah.

As far as the brest friend pillow, I found it not much more helpful than the boppy... ? don't know why that would be the make or breaking difference.

Ava is beautiful though, and as long as she IS getting fed, that's all that matters at the end of the day. You are doing great.

Anonymous said...

oh man, she should be a hair model!

Anonymous said...

She is gorgeous!