Friday, July 25, 2008

Well it's been a big week...

Just when we were starting to calm down and just sort of sit back and avoid the heat, we found a car that was just what we were looking for: big enough to haul a baby and accompanying gear, a 90 pound dog and accompanying gear, us and accompanying gear, but not so big that it would break us one $4.25 gallon at a time. It was rapidly becoming time to part with Rob's beloved Mustang, which has been a great car but is on the verge of needing some work if we were to keep it. So on Monday, Rob left the house in this

and returned that night in this



It's a Honda Pilot, and it is awesome. It's a 2006, and it's in great condition and we think it's going to be just what we needed. It's got enough ground clearance to get us into the cabin in Utah without getting high-centered. We're pretty happy with it.

Nothing new as far as the baby goes. I'm 16 weeks along, and everything seems to be normal. We're making progress on the room--the bed and desk are cleaned off and we have a plan for the rest. A couple more months and we should be ready to start making it into a suitable room for Speck :). Next doctor's appointment is on July 31, and then I see the perinatalogist on August 6. While I don't want to get my hopes up, I'm thinking that at one of those appointments, we'll find out if Speck is a boy or a girl. We'll keep you posted.

As an added bonus, here's a pic of how Gracie is staying cool this summer :).


2 comments:

Patty said...

LOVE the Pilot. LOVE!

Speck is a boy b/c of the lack of m/s.

I have bookmarked this site.

monica said...

Rob - I can't believe that you would sell MY car after everything that we have been through!! Congratulations on the baby!! Babies are wonderful!! Beth just told me today and linked me to your and your wife's fabulous blog. Congrats again. I hope you have a boy. Boys are just so wonderful!! Monica (Beth's Friend)