Saturday, July 5, 2008

There's nothing to report.

We've been taking it easy for the last couple of weeks. Because of the excitement in the ER, we postponed a trip to San Diego (which would have been wonderful because I hear it's not 112 there like it is here) so it's been pretty quiet. I haven't gotten the blood test results back from the perinatologist, and that doesn't exactly make us happy, but we're not stressing out about it too much. I had an ultrasound on Wednesday, and Speck is still hanging out and growing and all is good there. I'll have another this week, and hopefully I'll have a new picture to post.

There's quite a bit of speculation about whether Speck is a boy or a girl. I've heard very convincingly that it MUST be a boy because I look so fabulous. Seriously. Evidently I glow, and this means that there's no little girl in there absorbing my essence (?). I've also been told that in no uncertain terms that this is a girl because I never had any morning sickness. So if you have a theory about who we'll eventually be meeting in January, please don't hesitate to share. I have my own prediction as well, which I will naturally keep to myself :).

1 comment:

aaflood said...

Your chinese birth calendar says it's a girl...I think. You may want to check it out yourself...they are usually fairly reliable for people who happen to know when they might've gotten pregnant! By the way, I get an "all girl vibe" from you- however we are talking long distance here and if it is a girl, I must agree, she's the NICEST female fetus I've ever met!! Can't wait to find out!
Amy & Co.