Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Long Hot Summer Begins

It's supposed to be 106 today. That's the official airport temperature, which means that it will be well over 110 in most other neighborhoods. Let me just say that I am so thankful that I'm not 8-1/2 months along and puffy and miserable because of the heat. When I'm 8-1/2 months along, I want to be puffy and miserable because of too much holiday food. I'm looking forward to holiday food, because none of it is on my "Do Not Eat" list like most of my summer favorites are. I was just having a conversation about this yesterday. Things like sushi, deli meats, tuna salad and other nice cool foods are all off limits. Don't even get me started on beverages... I've been known to get home from work when it's 115 outside, stop at the fridge, grab a beer, and head straight for a nice cold shower. Cold showers lose their appeal when there's no beer involved, let me tell you.

In other news, my peri appointment was rescheduled for 6/25. They wrote it down wrong (for today, which, had we known about it a week ago, would have been perfect) . They had to scramble a bit but they made it work. So we're twice rescheduled with them and we're fairly confident that there will be no more screwing with our appointments. Here's hoping. If you're curious, the website for the facility is www.cmfm.net. I'll be seeing Dr. Wold, and I have it on good authority that he'll take good care of us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I love your blog plan! What a great way to be in the loop and not have to answer the SAME questions over and over! Welcome to the club! All our love! Renee & Lexi
p.s. YOU WILL LOVE Dr. Iriye's office. The front desk staff leave a little to be desired at times but Iriye and his team are amazing doctors! They are responsible for the 20/80% chance of Princess Bean arriving here and us making it to 39.2 weeks when we were 20/80% to get to 20!! If you need anything just call, we can bring craving food, clean a room, and distract irritating things! xoxoxxoxoxox