We're blessed. We know we are. We have jobs (although the terms of mine are currently the subject of discussion at a special session of the legislature), our bills are paid, our house is warm (insulated, I imagine, by the stuff on all of the counters and tables...) and we are healthy (unless you count colds). At the end of each crazy day, Rob and I look at each other and say it out loud, how lucky we are.
Ava is a little girl. Not a baby, not even a little bit, anymore. She knows more words than she says and her personality is really coming through. This morning I went in to wake her up, and she looked at me like "WHA?", handed me her monkey, and pulled the blanket over her head. That's my kid all right ;). We're working with Daycare to transition her to the Toddler Room. She is down to one bottle a day (right before bed) and she's losing interest in that pretty quickly. She can walk all the way from the car to her classroom. In the Toddler Room she will eat her meals at a table, instead of in a high chair. She'll nap on a cot instead of a crib. They have two hours a day of outside play (weather permitting...) which she is going to LOVE.
She's so big. I look at her on the rare occasions that she falls asleep in my arms, and I can only see glimpses of the baby she used to be. She's stretching out, so the rolls of little chub on her legs are going away (booooooo...). She is going to be a handful, I think. Already, she makes it clear when her world isn't what she wishes it to be. She doesn't like too many people, so we're watching her carefully as she moves from the familiar team of Daycare Ladies to a new group. She'll be OK, I know. But we will need to help her learn how to be OK and stay OK.
Right now, I have 3 close friends (you know who you are, ladies) in various stages of pregnancy. It's so cool to be on this side of it, like I'm in on a secret. It's such a big deal. One will have her baby next week (!!!! so excited!!!) and we can't wait to meet him. Seeing my friends go through this after having done it myself makes me realize that no, we're not ready to do it again. I'll say that again in case you missed it: no, we're not ready to do it again. Not yet. It's too big. We're good with where we are right now.
4 comments:
AAAwwwww, Kristie, so sweet. She is a little girl now. With her own personality and everything that goes with being a girl. Put the locks on her door now! You will love these next stages as much as the baby stage. Her sense of wonder will amaze you and I'm sure she will start coming around with new people. Enjoy every minute, before you know it, you will have a teenager..........
I agree, before you know it you will have a teenager...it goes that fast. You will love every stage, even though it's hard to let the last ones go. I agree, it's just too big to go through again right now. Savor, enjoy and relish what you have been blessed with:)
:)
Ok-maybe it's the hormones, but I am in tears over that post. It makes me miss MY babies & wish I could see Ava more & scares the crap out of me for what's coming!! BTW-I will be in Vegas April 24th which is right after we find out what this very active little bean is!! Perfect timing for me to take anything yoru off your hands that might be "insulating" your house unneccessarily! Plus I can see that "big girl" & squeeze her before she gets any bigger!
Post a Comment