Ava has 2 teeth. We're working on getting pictures, but she's sneaky and not very forthcoming with Big Smiles when we have camera in hand. They're on the bottom, in front. She plays with them with her tongue quite a bit, which is super cute. Her sleep has been off for a while, so I asked some experts (i.e. Moms Who Have Been Here Before) what could be causing that. Everyone said teeth were coming and boy, were they right. I'm sure it's not news to most of the universe, but jeez, teething sucks.
She hurts, poor little boopy, and we don't want to get her hooked on painkillers yet (how many droppers of Baby Tylenol does it take to make a junkie? Let me know...) but we don't want her to hurt more than is absolutely necessary (or at all). So we have a freezer full of frozen teethers, which she loves, and Daycare Lady told us about these marvelous little things called Teething Tablets that seem to help. I don't know what's in them. They're homeopathic, which means they probably contain ground-up rhinoceros horn and moose dust and God only knows what else, but she sees us coming with the bottle in our hands and she opens her mouth like a good little princess and she takes them with not a lot of drama.
That's really all that's going on. Her sleep is all jacked up and therefore ours is too. Night before last, she woke up and I slept through it and Rob evidently sleepwalked to her room, got her out of the crib, gave her a binky, and then he woke up in the rocker holding her. So that's not good. We're a little tired. But she's still amazing and wonderful. She's starting to babble more, and her favorite word (I'll call it a word because I'm mom and what I say goes...) is Mamamamamama and I love hearing that :).
No comments:
Post a Comment