



And the obligatory, super cute "Look At Her Little Foot" picture..

Really amazing, huh? We thought Dad & Florence might get a kick out of seeing not only the pictures but the live show as well, so they joined us this morning and I'm so glad they got to see her moving around. The staff at CMFM is great, and we've had the same ultrasound tech for the last 3 visits. She tends to narrate what she's looking at, so we got a full tour of Speck's functions and bloodflow and "princess parts" (i.e. she's still most definitely a girl). She's measuring at the 60th percentile for growth, which is well within the normal range , and she weighs 4 pounds 12 ounces, give or take half a pound, which is right where she needs to be at 32 weeks.
The tech actually commented on how active she is: "This has got to be the most active 8AM baby I think I've ever seen!" Yikes. That sentence should be followed by a gong or the music from the Psycho shower scene. I hadn't even had my single precious cup of coffee yet when she said that, either. The more time that passes, the more we realize that this kid is going to keep us jumping.
In other news, I had to take that stupid, awful 3 hour glucose tolerance test again on the weekend. Seriously, that makes for an awful day. Fortunately, my system seems to have leveled itself out and the numbers were about where they should be. This was good news after a month of fingersticks and blood testing four times a day. I'll get the details at the OB's office tomorrow morning, but it was good to hear that the results were better overall.
Let's see, what else.... the nursery is perilously close to being finished. We need to build a crib and that's about it. This is what it looks like right now. It's green, and I don't know if that's represented well by the current lighting we have in there...
That big box is the crib. Maybe this weekend? We make no promises.
This one's not a bad shot of the color--you can kind of tell that it's green. Note the stroller and the very small, very cute clothes hanging in the closet.
So we're very very close to ready, roomwise. We have a bookshelf that was in my room when I was a kid that we'll paint to match the nightstand. A glider/rocker has been ordered, and hopefully will be here before the end of the month.
One last thing before I finish (I'm getting kicked pretty good by our active little princess which means that it's about time to go lay down) in regards to her name. We're pretty sure that we've come up with one that we like, and we've decided to keep it to ourselves until she gets here. It's a good name, that is easy to spell and we think it sounds nice with our last name. So bear with us, and play along. It's our turn to have some fun here, and we're looking forward to sharing it with you when the time is right.
5 comments:
OMG!!! she is beautiful, she looks like Rob in the nose and mouth. pouty mouth, will make for some real good guilt trips later mom & dad. Room is adorable, that kid has more clothes than I do!!! No fair on the name!!! share!!!
love you guys, we need to chat soon!
But of course, she's beautiful - with two such good-looking parents, this was a given! The room looks great! I'm so looking forward to Speck's arrival & coming to see her (when it works for y'all).
Aunt Janice says:
Those are some awesome pictures! How lucky you are to have such clear pictures! In 15 years from now you can show them to her friends and hear heartwarming words such as "Oh mom! that's so annoying!!" Glad you settled on Kenella. I think it goes good with Berthelotte too. Love the Elvis pout...
Easy to spell and sounds good with your last name -- Betty Berthelotte, Rescue Hero! What precious photos. I'm glad the room is coming along, so perhaps you can relax a bit over the holidays! Enjoy!
Christina
Hi! Pamela from Rob's work here... baby is beautiful and so cute already! I actually know someone who named their daughter Nevaeh. I also convinced someone to name their daughter Hyannis... just an idea?
Post a Comment